In my Jewellery making Career, one of the question which I have received consistently is “Where do I start”?
The reason why ladies are not able to plan their starting point is because of the overwhelming amount of information on the internet. So in this post, I thought i will simply put the list the pointers to help all of them planning to start a jewellery making business resolve this problem so you can start without much trouble.
Here are the 15 steps you need to take NOW, to start your own Jewellery business.
- You do not need to be an artist or a designer.
- You need to have an interest in learning new things
- You need to have a short learning cycle, and hence can choose to have a mentor or a jewellery making teacher
- You need to know the names of all the basic set of materials needed for Jewellery making.
- You need guidance for purchasing the initial set of basic beading material.
- You need to setup your supplier-partners
- You need to have your packaging and delivery-partners
- You need a constant source of information of the latest trends and designs
- You need some guidance for creating your initial jewellery collection cycle.
- You will need help to understand the best practices for marketing and jewellery sales.
- You also need advice for managing your finances through the business.
- You need guidance on scaling up your business and creating a brand.
- You need to love jewellery (either for self or for others) to go through the long journey.
Well this is a stupidly simple guide to get you started. So, that you don’t have to go looking for any other piece of information on internet or else where. Just start…